Friday, December 31, 2010

May through December Highlights - Part 1

Since my last post in May, I have been busy, too busy to blog, so here are some highlights worth posting:

1. Expanded the Garden to roughly 200 feet x 35 feet. This allows me to grow more vine plants (cucumber, cantaloupe, watermelon, pumpkin, gourd). The expansion more than doubled the size of the garden. Good thing I have a tractor/tiller otherwise I couldn't do it by hand.

The 2010 garden included the following: corn, beans, peppers, tomatoes, onions, peas, radishes, cucumbers, cantaloupes, watermelons, pumpkins, gourds, squash, zucchini.

We had a particularly dry and harsh summer, so the watering and weeding was intense, and the bugs were fierce but I managed to salvage a fairly decent crop. The Mrs. has many posts on the garden/produce exploits here: http://houseofbrungardt.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment